Careers at the Ottawa Catholic School Board
The Ottawa Catholic School Board is one of the top places to work in the National capital region. When you join our school board, you join a big family that consists of over 4,500 employees in over 90 work locations throughout the city.
Our non-teaching employees are the everyday heroes who keep our schools warm, safe and innovative learning environments where students can thrive.
Our school and board leaders wear many hats on a daily basis managing staff, buildings and departments.
If you’re a certified teacher, or about to complete your Bachelors of Education, you can apply to join our occasional teaching roster.
We’re looking for innovative French language educators who want to share the beauty of la langue française with our students.
Long Term Occasional (LTO)
LTO positions are full-time or part-time teaching contracts that range in time from 15 days to ten months. To apply for an LTO position, you must either be on our occasional teaching roster or already on our LTO list.
Once you’ve completed a four-month LTO contract with our board, you can apply for a permanent teaching position.
Administrative, professional and support opportunities
|Competition||Deadline to apply|
|Casual Educational Assistant||Open Ended|
|Casual Caretaker||Open Ended|
|Casual Interpreter||Open Ended|
|Casual Library Technician||Open Ended|
|Casual Early Childhood Educator||Open Ended|
|Casual Office Administrator||Open Ended|
|Casual Learning Technology Help||Open Ended|
|Casual Bus Attendant||Open Ended|
|Casual Housekeeper||Open Ended|
|Casual International Languages Program Instructor (Elementary)||Open Ended|
|Casual Literacy and Basic Skills Instructor||Open Ended|
|Casual English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor||Open Ended|
|Ottawa Catholic Child Care Corporation Supply Staff||Open Ended|
|Casual staff - Extended Day Programs & ESL child care programs||Open Ended|
The Ottawa Catholic School Board is looking for exemplary Catholic leaders for Principal and Vice-Principal positions who demonstrate success in the components of the Catholic Leadership Framework and enjoy the challenges and growth opportunities of leading teams dedicated to the Catholic education of students.
Requirements for external candidates:
- A minimum of two years in an administrative position (Vice-Principal or Principal).
- Religious Education Part I (or evidence of current enrollment).
- Special Education Part I (or evidence of current enrollment).
- Completion of Ontario Principals Course, PQP Part I and PQP Part 2 .
- A leadership portfolio (details below).
- Demonstrated expertise in school improvement practices, assessment and evaluation, equity and Deep Learning.
- Technology and conflict management skills.
What you should include in your Leadership Portfolio:
- A Leadership Letter of Intent.
- Leadership portfolio presentation highlighting initiatives within 2/5 pillars of the Catholic Leadership Framework (Setting Directions, Building Relationships and Developing People, Improving the Instructional Program, Developing the Organization and Securing Accountability). Your presentation should be at least 20 minutes in length and the pillars you choose should highlight initiatives you have led or co-led within your school or department.
- A resume indicating your experience as Vice-Principal or Principal.
- A copy of your OCT certificate.
- Your most recent performance appraisal (within the last five years).
- A current pastoral letter (within the last 12 months).
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from a current supervisor.
For more information, contact Mena.Kelly@ocsb.ca Coordinator, Leadership Development.
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure: The personal information you provide through the application process and any other correspondence relating to your employment, is collected by the Ottawa Catholic School Board under the authority of the Education Act (R.S.O. 1990 c.E.2) ss. 58.5, 265 and 266 and in accordance with Section 29(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, (R.S.O. 1990 c.M.56). The information collected will be used for administrative purposes and matters of health and safety. If this information is required to be disclosed in compelling circumstances or for law enforcement matters or in accordance with any other Act, you will be notified. If you have any questions, please contact the Manager of Corporate Affairs at (613) 224 4455 ext 2271.