The Ottawa Catholic School Board welcomes families of all faiths. Our schools offer innovative programming; engaging learning spaces and dedicated educators.
How to register
After you have submitted your registration form, the information will be forwarded to your school. Your school will send a welcome email and instructions on how to submit supporting documents. Please allow for some time as this may take a couple of business days.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com or call 613-228-3338.
Virtual learning at the OCSB
We’ve opened two permanent Virtual Schools this year. Each with its own dedicated administration team and school name.
- Blessed Carlo Virtual School – Our virtual elementary school for students in Kindergarten to Grade 6. The school is named after Blessed Carlo Acutis.
- St. Josephine Virtual High School – Our virtual intermediate and high school for students in Grades 7 to 12. The school is named after St. Josephine Bakhita.
Read more about the announcement of the opening of these new schools.
These names will honour the spirit of a Catholic virtual learning environment and reflect an inclusive community as a whole. Our new Virtual Schools are intended for students who learn best in the online environment. Each school has its own dedicated administration team and school name. Students attending Virtual Schools will join other virtual students from across the city and form a virtual Catholic School community.
Can we switch back to in-person learning?
This is meant to be a permanent change, not a temporary learning solution before returning to in-person learning. After starting virtual school next year, if you find that this is not the best learning environment for your child, you may request a Transfer Between Schools in the “Cross-boundary transfers” section on our Boundaries page. Transfer Between Schools is not guaranteed and can only happen if there is room for your child at the school.
Welcome families of all faiths
Children who are baptized Catholic or have a parent that is baptized are automatically eligible to attend one of our schools. Students of all other faiths are also eligible as long as we have space in the school. At this time, all of our schools have space to welcome non-Catholic children.
- Proof of age (one of the following): birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, immigration documents (health card not accepted)
- Proof of address (one of the following): rental or purchase agreement, utility bill, bank or credit card statement (driver’s licence not accepted)
- When applicable: Roman Catholic Baptismal certificate, Allergy/medication form, Guardianship Declaration