The Ottawa Catholic School Board is known for its inspiring students who persevere through challenges, go above and beyond in academics, community and parish involvement and impact the world around them through kindness and generosity. In this series, we honour the difference-makers who are graduating from Ottawa Catholic high schools this year. We wish all of our graduates the best in their next chapter and celebrate the many personal achievements and proverbial mountains each student conquered on their way to earning their Ontario Secondary School diploma.
The following students have been awarded an Ottawa Catholic School Board Be Community Award.
Be Community School Awards
Recipients of this award will receive a certificate and a $100 bursary. The award is given to a graduating student in recognition of outstanding service to their community.
- Ghazal Al Saleh (Holy Trinity High School)
- Alexis Udechukwu (Immaculata High School)
- Chloe Bolt (Lester B. Pearson High School)
- Mireya Poon Young (Notre Dame High School)
- Bhairavi Prasanna (Sacred Hearts High School)
- Mattson Strickler (St. Joseph High School)
- Kaelen Knor (St. Mark High School)
- Selena Houmani (St. Matthew High School)
- Jordan Zientek (St. Mother Theresa High School)
- Guy Lafleur (St. Nicholas High School)
- Tatiyana Al-Sabeh (St. Patrick High School)
- Naomi Badour (St. Paul High School)
- Meghan Hayley (St. Peter High School)
Be Community Board Award
The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and a $1,000 bursary, plus an additional $1,000 donated to the charity of their choice. The award is given to a graduating student in recognition of exemplary service to their community.
- Elizabeth Benhin (St. Francis Xavier High School)