The rapid development of new homes in Barrhaven South will increase projected enrolment at St. Joseph High School to numbers we will not be able to manage reasonably. After a consultation process that began in April, on November 28, 2023, the OCSB approved the boundary revision for St. Joseph High School and St. Mother Teresa High School to commence in September 2024.
New Boundary for St. Joseph and St. Mother Teresa High School
As of September 2024, a portion of the current St. Joseph High School attendance area will be redirected to St. Mother Teresa High School. These revisions are meant to open up space for more St. Joseph High School students and balance enrolment between the two schools in the long term. This boundary revision will be effective for the 2024-2025 school year.
Boundary Change Highlights Ahead of 2024-2025
- Current grade 7 to 12 students who reside within the redirected area and attend St. Joseph High School during the 2023-2024 school year will be given a one-time option to remain at the school. Students choosing this option would remain designated to attend St. Joseph High School and eligible for transportation, subject to meeting OSTA criteria.
- The attendance areas of both schools will be revised so that students that reside in the current St. Joseph High School attendance area generally situated west of Greenbank Road and north of the Jock River and McKenna Casey Drive are redirected to St. Mother Teresa High School for September 2024.
What is Changing at the Elementary Level?
Starting in the 2024-2025 school year, feeder elementary schools to St. Joseph and St. Mother Teresa High Schools can expect the following changes.
St. Joseph High School Feeder Schools
For the 2024-2025 school year, students starting grade 7 from the following elementary schools will feed into St. Joseph High School.
- St. Emily Elementary School
- St. Benedict Elementary School
- St. Cecilia Elementary School
- St. Juan Diego Elementary School
St. Mother Teresa High School Feeder Schools
For the 2024-2025 school year, students starting grade 7 from the following Elementary schools will feed into St. Mother Teresa High School.
- St. Patrick Elementary School
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Elementary School
- St. Luke (Nepean) Elementary School
- St. Andrew Elementary School
- Monsignor Paul Baxter Elementary School
Need More Information?
Many of these changes are the result of a public consultation process that started in April 2023. To help parents who may want more background on how these decisions were made, we’ve gathered several resources.
- Board Report – St. Joseph HS & St. Mother Teresa HS Proposed Boundary Revisions Final Recommendations
- FAQs Regarding the St. Joseph and St. Mother Teresa Boundary Changes
- Board Memo regarding changes to St. Joseph and St. Mother Theresa High School attendance boundaries
- St. Joseph High School & St. Mother Teresa High School Proposed Attendance Boundary Revisions Consultation Document April 2023
- Proposed Attendance Boundary Map
- Current Attendance Boundary Map (High School and Elementary)
- St Joseph St Mother Teresa Boundary Revision Public Meeting – Slide Deck – June 2023
- St Joseph St Mother Teresa Boundary Revision Public Meeting – Slide Deck – September 2023