On November 28, 2023, the Board approved the setting of a preliminary attendance boundary for a planned future New Fernbank Catholic High School and a temporary arrangement to accommodate these students at All Saints High School.
Starting in September 2024, Grade 7-12 students living within the New Fernbank Catholic High School attendance area will be directed to All Saints HS. This temporary arrangement will continue until the province funds the project and the new school can be opened.
Revisions to the attendance boundaries of All Saints, Holy Trinity, and Sacred Heart High Schools will go into effect for the 2024-2025 school year.
Boundary Change Highlights Ahead of 2024-2025
- Students from grades 7-12 attending Holy Trinity High School or Sacred Heart High School during the 2023-24 school year will have a one-time option to remain at those schools. Students choosing this option would remain designated to attend those schools and eligible for transportation, subject to meeting OSTA criteria.
- Beginning in September 2024, students living in the St. Bernadette and St. Martin de Porres attendance boundaries will be directed to All Saints High School until the planned new secondary school is opened in Fernbank.
What is Changing at the Elementary Level?
Starting in the 2024-2025 school year, elementary schools within the attendance areas for Sacred Heart, Holy Trinity and the New Fernbank High Schools will see the following changes.
All Saints High School – New Fernbank High School Feeder Schools
For the 2024-2025 school year, students starting from grade 6 from the following elementary schools will temporarily feed to All Saints High School until the New Fernbank High School opens.
- St. Martin de Porres Elementary School
- St. Bernadette Elementary School
Holy Trinity High School Feeder Schools
For the 2024-2025 school year, students starting grade 7 from the following elementary schools will feed into Holy Trinity High School.
- St. James Elementary School
- St. Anne Elementary School
- Holy Redeemer Elementary School
Sacred Heart High School Feeder Schools
For the 2024-2025 school year, students starting grade 7 from the following elementary schools will feed into Sacred Heart High School.
- Guardian Angels Elementary School
- Holy Spirit Elementary School
- St. Philip Elementary School
- St. Stephen Elementary School
Need More Information?
Many of these changes are the result of a public consultation process that started in April 2023. To help parents who may want more background on how these decisions were made, we’ve gathered several resources.
- New Fernbank C.H.S. Temporary Accommodation Plan – Final Recommendations
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) regarding the Temporary Accommodations
- Board Memo regarding Temporary Accommodations
- New Fernbank High School Temporary Accommodation Plan Consultation Document – April 2023
- Proposed Attendance Boundary Map
- Current Attendance Boundary Map
- New Fernbank High School Temporary Accommodation Plan – June 2023 Public Meeting
- New Fernbank High School Temporary Accommodation Plan – October 2023 Public Meeting