Important Information About Your School Support

If you own or rent property in Ontario, you must select the school board you want to support, even if they do not have children attending school. This process is known as the school support designation. You must choose one of the following:

  • English public
  • French public
  • English separate (Catholic)
  • French separate (Catholic)

If you do not declare your school support choice, it will automatically be registered as English Public. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is legislatively required to collect school support information and provide it to every municipality and school board in the assessment roll.

Designated School Support Matters!

Registering your Catholic school support:

  • Ensures an accurate public record of the breadth of support for Catholic schools;
  • Supports the board’s population projections, which affect funding for school expansions and new schools, and planning for special programs
  • Enables you to vote for Catholic School Board Trustees in municipal elections.

Have You Moved?

Even if you have been an English Separate supporter in the past, the designation does not follow you when you relocate. Every time you move, it is essential that you re-declare yourself as a Catholic school supporter.

Check your School Support

You can verify your designated school support by checking the Property Overview section of your Property Assessment Notice.

Change Your Designated School Support

You (or your joint owner/tenant) must be Catholic to change your school support to English separate (Catholic).

You can make the change online by visiting The MPAC Online Portal Guide provides step-by-step instructions. For additional support with the online portal, call MPAC’s Customer Contact Centre.

Alternatively, you can complete the Application for the Direction of School Support form and scan and email it to or mail it to:

OCSB Admissions

570 West Hunt Club Road

Nepean, ON K2G 3R4