October 18th – 22nd, 2021, is School Bus Safety Week in Ontario, and October 20 is School Bus Driver Appreciation Day! During a pandemic, safety is more important than ever, and we appreciate our bus drivers’ valuable work and commitment to getting our students to school safely and following all health protocols. Together we can raise awareness to take special care and caution when approaching a school bus.
Are you interested in becoming a bus driver? We can prepare you!
The OCSB Continuing & Community Education department, in partnership with OSTA and school bus companies in the Ottawa area, is offering a Preparation For School Bus Driver Training program. This program is for individuals who are interested in exploring and preparing to become school bus drivers. Visit conted.ocsb.ca to learn more!
October 26, 27 or 28, 2021
9:30am – 10:30am
Call 613-224-6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
November 1 – December 2, 2021
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 11:30am
Live virtual training with Google Meet
What to expect:
- Bus Driver tools & equipment training
- Resumes and Interview Skills
- Job Shadowing
- Prepare and become eligible to enter the Bus Driver Licensing Program
This course is for you if:
- You are an Ontario resident and at least 19 years of age
- You have CLB Level 5 English proficiency
- You have a G Class driver’s license
- You have a clean driver abstract
- You can obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check through Ottawa Police Services
- You are eligible to apply for a Class “B” license in the future
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, AED
- Health & Safety
Our school bus drivers are critical to the success of our school communities. School bus drivers make a difference in the lives of our students and their families. Thank you to all our school bus drivers!