How to plan for SHSM
SHSM programs are for students in Grades 11 and 12, but younger students are encouraged to look at their options and plan ahead.
Grade 7 & 8:
- Investigate interests and passions inside and outside of school
- Use MyBlueprint to start their secondary school education plan
- Attend Grade 8 information nights to consult with teachers and counsellors
- Enroll in courses that align with the student’s interests, skills, and academic abilities.
- Review and update their education plan in MyBlueprint
- Consult with guidance counselors to ensure they have the right pre-requisite courses
- Explore opportunities in the Career Studies course
- Use MyBlueprint to align their post-secondary plans with their current secondary school education plan.
- Discuss program options with teachers
- Fill out the SHSM application form.