Skip to content
How to plan for SHSM
SHSM programs are for students in Grades 11 and 12, but younger students are encouraged to look at their options and plan ahead.
Grade 7 & 8:
- Investigate interests and passions inside and outside of school
- Use MyBlueprint to start their secondary school education plan
- Attend Grade 8 information nights to consult with teachers and counsellors
- Enroll in courses that align with the student’s interests, skills, and academic abilities.
- Review and update their education plan in MyBlueprint
- Consult with guidance counselors to ensure they have the right pre-requisite courses
- Explore opportunities in the Career Studies course
- Use MyBlueprint to align their post-secondary plans with their current secondary school education plan.
- Discuss program options with teachers
- Fill out the SHSM application form.